Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day weekend

What a busy weekend! Jen had Saturday off (nice suprise), so we took advantage of it. Saturday morning, we worked in the yard. I mowed, and she took care of some weeds. Some weeds (unfortunately) were 3 ft tall and had thorns, so I yanked those out! Our yard is finally starting to look decent. I'm embarassed at how brown it is. I know how to take care of Texas lawns, but I've struggled with our CO lawn!
Later Saturday afternoon, Jen and I headed to American Furniture Warehouse to look for a china cabinet. After about an hour of browsing around (the store was like a theme park), we finally decided on one. To our suprise, they said they could deliver it to us on Monday! Sure enough, around 10:30 on Memorial Day, the china cabinet arrived. FINALLY, we got to unload the last of the boxes and put our china away!










Sunday, we headed to the mountains with some friends from work. We decided to go to Guanella Pass, which we heard was less crowded and had better views. Unfortunately, we only made it about 2 miles into the 20-mile pass before the road was closed due to snow. We decided to park and hike around. We ended up hiking about 4 miles and got some great pictures.

After getting home, I took a much needed nap, then worked in the yard some more and cleaned the house. Spring Cleaning was full force!
Monday, we got our china cabinet and Jen spent most of the morning arranging dishes in it. I had soaked some steelhead (similar to trout and salmon - caught by a neighbor) in a brine solution the night before, and smoked it all afternoon... it turned out great (despite being frozen for a year!) I have most of it back to him, but I kept a good-sized chunk... it was tasty!





This past weekend, we went to a company picnic and watched the Rockies play the Reds. We sat way out in the outfield (the night before I went to the game and sat right behind home plate... you can see it in the picture!). Overall, it was a fun game, but we left in the 7th inning with the Rockies trailing by 4 runs. By the time we got home, the game was over, and the Rockies won!

No comments: