Friday, May 18, 2007

Julia's Outdoor wedding

I flew home to Texas this week for a friend's wedding. I took the whole week off so that I could spend time with my parents and my grandma (in town for the wedding). It was a great vacation! We went out to eat, went shopping (I bought 4 pairs of shoes!), and I bought a cowgirl hat! I flew in Sunday, and the wedding was Friday. Thursday the MOB (mother of the bride for those of you not acquainted with bridal lingo) treated all of the bridesmaids to manicures and pedicures. I got French for both mani and pedi. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing before the big day.


Thursday evening was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Trust my mom to be the first person to actually shop during a wedding rehearsal! =) The rehearsal dinner was at La Hacienda. which is one of Jon's parents' fave restaurants (it turns out they actually had dinner there that night too!). It worked out well for us - we had to get in as much TexMex food as possible while in the Lone Star State (Colorado Mexican just isn't the same).




Friday we met my dad for lunch at his favorite Thai restuarant - another cuisine we haven't really found in Colorado. The wedding started at 7pm, but as a bridesmaid I got there at 5pm, dressed and ready for pics. I got there just in time to see Julia finish getting ready - her dress was amazing and she was gorgeous! We took some fun pics on the stairs (only a couple of trips, and no one fell!), and then it was back to the bridal suite to wait for the big moment. They had the wedding at The Tribute, a golf course/hotel in The Colony. It was gorgeous - and the weather was great (apparantly it thundered right as Julia, the bride, walked down the aisle, but the rain held off until later that night). We had a great time, and we wish Julia and Jeremy all the best! Have fun in Jamaica!!




No comments: