Monday, May 21, 2007

Goopy-eyed Ernie

We got back from our Texas trip late last night, to find a goopy-eyed Ernie. His right eye is all squinty, and the conjunctivia is swollen and the cornea is cloudy. Unfortunately the clinic I work in is closed today, so I took him to another Banfield (eye problems can get bad in a hurry and I didn't want to wait!) today. He's got a big corneal ulcer, but thankfully it's very shallow so it shouldn't leave any long-term damage. We'll never know for sure what happened, but most likely either Emma scratched his eye during some vigorous playing, or he got something (litter, etc) stuck in there and that scratched it. It looks like it already starting to heal a bit, but the meds I got today should help significantly. They do make his eye extra-goopy though, and his new nickname is Blinky (I know it should be Winky, but that reminds me too much of the Harry Potter character and doens't seem as cute). We're all hoping he gets better soon!

No comments: