Saturday, June 30, 2007

13.5-hour Camping Trip at Chatfield SP

I've been putting in some long hours recently trying to get a project that was handed off to me done on time. Jen and I talked, and she was concerned that our entire summer would be gone before we got a chance to do something fun. So, the sweetheart that she is, she decided to take a day off of work (Sat) and she set booked a campsite at a state park that is about 2 miles from our house!


So around 7pm, we headed over to the park along with a co-worker. I set up the tent with Jens help, and started a fire as the sun was setting (along with getting some cool pictures). By 815, we started to get hungry, so I grilled up some brats, hot dogs, onions, and cracked open a beer. Around 9pm, our neighbor (Fish) showed up and we had a good time goofing around and telling stories. By 11, Fish left, and Jen and I headed to the tent. We heard coyotes somewhat nearby playing and howling (along with an occasional child crying). Overall, I slept GREAT (especially compared to our previous camping experience on the last day of the season last year... it was so cold we only slept 30 minutes!).

By 530, the sun was starting to come up and it woke me up. I laid in bed until close to 7am. When I got out of the tent, I saw about 15 hot air balloons in the sky! That was an awesome site. Apparently, they launch in the cool morning, and land before it gets too warm. By 8am, there was only one balloon in the sky.

We packed up the tent, and were back home by 830am! And that was our 13.5 hour camping trip!

No comments: