Friday, June 22, 2007

Our first CSA delivery

We joined a CSA! I'm so excited about this! I visited the localharvest website to investigate CSA's (Community Supported Agriculture) near us. The closest one I found was Willowgrove Farms (willowgrovefarms.com). We bought a share for the season, and we received our first delivery this evening. It's still pretty early in the season here in Colorado, so our share this week consisted of greens. But fun, interesting, organic greens! Jon and I had a salad tonight of lettuces, spinach, radish tops, and pea greens. Yum! I never knew you could eat pea greens! We ate them with radishes and a miso dressing that I made from the Moosewood Restuarant Daily Special cookbook. It's exciting to get new and unusual produce - hopefully this will inspire some new recipes!

1 comment:

Joe said...

boy, you two are lucky to have such a great produce program! I envy you; you might call it pea greens envy.