Monday, April 16, 2007

Grow seeds grow!

Inspired by the nice weather and the book I've been reading (see previous post), I visited Home Depot today to purchase seeds, potting soil, and 50 individual seed containers (they look sort of like egg crates but are made from soil?). I spent the afternoon planting the following seeds: yellow cherry tomatoes, Heirloom brandywine tomatoes, bell peppers, Bibb lettuce, zucchini squash, runner beans, and Cosmos (flowers). Ernie and Emma showed a little more interest than I had hoped - but after several sniffs (and a few tastes on Ernie's part), they decided it didn't merit much interest. Hopefully they keep this opinion and we don't come home to a mess tomorrow. Because according to information I've found, Denver's last frost date is May 5. That means my newly planted seeds need to stay indoors for a few weeks and cohabitate with the cats. Good thing I didn't plant my catnip seeds yet! =)

1 comment:

emily anna said...

Hi Jon and Jennifer! I found your blog by way of Cindy! This is Emily (Harrow) Turner... from HS band. I hope ya'll are doing well! My parents live just north of Denver... Anyway, just thought I would say HI!
My blog is: http://emilyturner.blogspot.com/
I would love to hear from you!
Emily